SimplyRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Rate Third Jobs Tier List

4 posters

Go down

High Rate Third Jobs Tier List Empty High Rate Third Jobs Tier List

Post  Xtasy Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:29 am

Tiers are for queers, you're ruining the game, all classes are equal, blah blah. Not in high rate, they aren't. My friend and I decided to spend time on a testing server in order to evaluate the performances of each class. All test include properly equipped characters excluding God Items. This is what we have come up with:

[High]
[1/2] Shura
[1/2] Rune Knight
[3/4] Guillotine Cross
[3/4] Genetic

[Mid]
[5] Royal Guard
[6] Ranger
[7/8] Sorcerer
[7/8] Warlock

[Low]
[9] Shadow Chaser
[10] Minstrel/Wanderer
[11] Mechanic
[12] Arch Bishop

Shura/Rune Knight
Shura offers skills like Cursed Circle, Lightning Walk, and the Tiger Cannon combo. Coupled with the Champion abilities of Dangerous Soul Collect and Body Relocation, this guy REALLY hurts. Gentle Touch: Change also offers some more damage however little it is.

Rune Knight, if given Tao, GTB, and Thanatos cards, is quite an immense force. When at full HP, they could deal SERIOUS damage with Dragon Breath, enough to OHKO most people while mortally wounding others. They also have their previous skill Berserk in case of emergencies.

Genetic/Guillotine Cross
Given enough decrease in cast delay, Genetic becomes a very annoying force to deal with. Along with their previous infamous skill, Acid Demonstration, they now have Thorn Trap, Demonic Fire, and Fire Expansion. Thorn Trap makes it opponent immobile. Demonic Fire does some good damage and stacks on itself, meaning you could have multiple layers of them and have your opponent get hit by all of them. With Fire Expansion, by throwing Explosive Powder into the mix, the damage increases immensely and offers Burning status for the opponent. The problem for this class is that GTB reduces Demonic Fire + Fire Expansion damage to almost nothing; the burning effect will still take place, however. Ghostring also provides a good amount of damage resistance to Acid Demonstration while Pneuma completely nullifies it.

Also given enough decrease in cast delay, Guillotine Cross becomes a kill or be killed type of character. With enough decrease in cast delay, you could perform two Cross Impacts in less than a second, meaning at least 120k without Thanatos card, and even more with. They have Dark Illusion, which can pull them towards their opponents at most 7 cells away. They have Cloaking Exceed, which not only makes them faster, but allows them to stay hidden even after three hits. They also have Hallucination Walk which, for 50 seconds, increases their FLEE by 250 and gives them 50% chance to dodge magic attacks. They lose to bulky reflecters and magic users, though.

Royal Guard
Very bulky class, but the new skills aren't much to look at. They have Cannon Spear which offers a good amount of damage, but you HAVE to be in a straight line with the enemy in order for it to hit them. They have Pinpoint Attack, which does a good chunk of damage and closes in on the target. They also have Overbrand which resembles the Lord Knight's Bowling Bash. All of the other skills aren't that great. The main strategy would be to use normal buffs, then Sacrifice, then Pinpoint Attack into the opponent and attack normally. If not, Cannon Spear and Overbrand should do okayishly. They are limited in what they can do compared to the other classes, though.

Ranger
The Warg is a nice addition to the Ranger's attacking arsenal. Instead of AutoBlitz, we now have AutoWarg! The chance for the Warg to attack along you when you attack is (LUK/3)%. If you go for 200 LUK, that's 67% chance for the Warg to attack with you. With 195 ASPD, you attack 5 times in a second. Do the math yourself! The Warg is solely based on your ATK, so you can expect a good amount of damage from that. Loses to Royal Guard with Defender and GTB, any high-damage character with GTB, and Pneuma users. Most of their new traps are horrible, but one particular one, Electric Shocker, does its job. Not only does it stop the enemy from moving, but it also drains their SP at the same time. Rangers also have a new move called Camouflage, which increases your damage and CRIT rate.

Sorcerer/Warlock
These two are very hard to rank apart from one another. Warlock's style is to freeze their opponents with Frost Joker, then kill them in one hit or so. Sorcerer's style is to stop the opponent from moving with Vacuum Extreme, then spam a multitude of skills for the kill. Sorcerer would do better against opponents who cannot be frozen while Warlock does better versus people who don't resist Freeze. Otherwise, they satisfy the same roles.

Shadow Chaser
Shadow Chaser would have been VERY good had they allowed them to copy Transcendant skills. Acid Demonstration + Jack Frost would have been devastating. Gravity removed that option, though. Now Shadow Chasers are really only good for Freezing, Stripping, and getting people off their mounts. They still have Double Strafe and Triangle Shot, though, so they can still play their old style of Freeze, Strip, and Shoot. Not as effective, though.

Minstrel/Wanderer
These guys' new attacking skills aren't that great at all. Their dances aren't bad, but they have to rely on each other for the dances to work, which is always bad. There really isn't anything worth it for these guys. The best thing a MINSTREL can do is massively spam Frost Joker. Wanderer really can't do much.

Mechanic
This classes depends on a LOT of items. On top of that, the damage isn't great, the FAWs are terrible, and the class forces you to wear certain equipments and have certain stats.

Arch Bishop
Team buffs are okay, team heal got nerfed to a 3-second fixed cooldown, attack skills now have fixed cooldowns, Highness Heal has a 13-second cooldown, basically useless.

Please discuss.

Xtasy

Back to top Go down

High Rate Third Jobs Tier List Empty Re: High Rate Third Jobs Tier List

Post  error Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:39 pm

WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO READ IS JUST MY OPINION, AND ALL OF THESE IS ABOUT PVP.. ^_^

SHURA
-I consider this class as the most powerful in the server.. With the skills "Crescent Elbow, Gate of Hell"
Crescent Elbow deals more, i mean a lot of damage getting reflected back to the attacker.. With any powerful skill landed on shura with this buff on,both players suffer from the damage but mostly the attacker dies because of the great damage reflect..
Gate of Hell- yes it can miss, it can deal less then a hundred damage sometimes.. but the key to this problem is to have high HIT rate.. and it can miss or blocked with some skills of other classes.. but the problem is, not all classes can totally nullify this skill, and not all classes can block GoH. Even Goh requires a little amount of HP left rendering them easily to be killed, they can still have the first strike even before others, because GoH can be used between a distance.. and, even you have a full Range resist and neutral resist, they still do lot of damage..

RUNE KNIGHT
-Dragon Breath, no problem about this skill, it has only 1 element and cannot be changed.. this is easy to counter.. but still,quite powerful even you put some resist..
-they can have even more HP with tao gunka card, but rendering them more vulnerable to damage because they're neutral or even they use slotted elemental armors

G.CROSS
-quite powerful even without good equips, with the use of their self buffs.. But still, they can be countered easily with proper cards and resist,their attack can miss.. and with their high damage and a little low hp, they can die if their damage get reflected back to them

GENETIC
-for me, gravity made genetic useless on High Rate servers when it comes on pvp..
1st, most of their skills have delay, 2nd their skills doesnt deal much damage.. 3rd, their skills can be countered easily.. or sometimes enemies can totally obliterate their skills.. (thats why i suggested here on forums to deal something with their skills)..

ROYAL GUARD
-another tough class, because of their skill-nullifying skills together with the 2nd class buffs and 3rd class buffs rendering them hard to kill on pysical, magical, or range damage..
-they don't deal much damage on pvp, but if banded with other royal guard, the skill--Ray of Genesis is OP.. aoe skill that can 1HKO a couple of enemies..

RANGER
-for me, nothing to worry about this class..
-skills deals good dmage but has delay.. some cards can make their atk useless because of the 195 ASPD..

SORCERER
-nothing to worry about

WARLOCK
-same

SHADOW CHASER
-since they can copy 2 skills at once (1 transcendent or lower and 3rd class skill), they can still do the old way of killing and way to annoy players with their skills..

MINSTREL/WANDERER
-not very good on pvp, they die easily when get hit by 3rd class skills.. and their skills doesnt deal much damage.. i can say this GUY is only good for woe

ARCH BISHOP
-because of only 1 element property of their skills,with the offensive skill delay and with their few offensive skills, low hp, and magical type of offensive skills.... they can be countered easily..

thanks

error

Back to top Go down

Post  Xtasy Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:52 am

@error:

Rune Knight still deals ridiculous damage. Do you expect everyone to carry a Fire-property armor at all times?

For Genetic, if you have GTB + Ghostring, yeah, the damage will be reduced to almost nothing. If you don't have both, however, Genetic can kick your butt hard. Demonic Fire + Fire Expansion stacks on itself, so if you have three active in the same spot, the opponent will be hit three times in one instant. With Fire Expansion, that's about 10kx3 per second. Then there's Acid Demonstration to deal with for the other situation.

Royal Guard, they can do A LOT of damage with Sacrifice. The only problem is dealing with speedy ranged classes.

Ranger's AutoWarg build is pretty good. With 200 DEX, 200 LUK, a +10 Double Bloody Double Explosion Composite Bow, Alice Doll, Attention Concentration, and True Sight, I was doing the following damage at 5 hits per second: Without Warg 2kish, with Warg 15kish. The Warg attacked with me 67% of the time, so... That's a lot.

Sorcerer's Vacuum Extreme is a pretty nice ability. If not for single PVP, WoE and team stuff is something a Sorcerer could be helpful in. Even with GTB, people can't pass through Vacuum Extreme.

Warlock's Freeze is annoying. That is all.

Shadow Chaser can copy two skills, sure, but their damage is pretty much the same. I find them degraded by a lot.

Xtasy

Back to top Go down

Post  error Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 pm

@extasy and for all

-RK
dragon breath can be weakened or can be nullified even JUST A SLOTTED COTTON SHIRTS.. just think of cards to put on.. Very Happy

-GENETIC
worry about gtb card later.. ghostring card is only the problem.. with low vit and some ____ resist, acid demonstration can be useless.. and about demonic fire, since it's a land targeted skill, can be avoided but not all the time (land protector ftw! Very Happy), and besides, like dragon breath, it's fire and it will be always fire property..

-RG
yah, u have your point, with that defender skill, their movement is uuughh.. lol slow.. they can be easily caught by "hit and run" tactic.. but still, they're hard to kill because of their defensive buffs

-RANGER
good for raping mvps and some classes from a distance, but has low hp, can be killed easily, unless with proper equips and resistance depending on the enemy.. (i love range rape lol) /gg

-SORCERER
ftw, i love this class.. Very Happy no.1 sucker and ground ripper of all time .. deals good damage tho. Very Happy

-WARLOCK
slotted cottonshirts with something card on it, you cannot be frozen, but be aware of warlock's other skill.. >.> dont worry folks, warlocks have low hp.. you can rape them.. /gg

-SHADOW CHASER
another good class with the ability to copy 2 skills at a time.. but only few uses this char in the server.. i like this one too.. they have good damage nullifying skill and can have a good combination of their skills and copied skills..

^_^_^_^_^

error

Back to top Go down

Post  Xtasy Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:29 am

I would like to know what builds are available for stalkers on this server. D:

I can't think of any right now.

Xtasy

Back to top Go down

Post  Arcanus Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:26 am

I agree with everything there. Except for the Warlock. They're not given enough credit for what they are capable of. Slap on a couple of Kiels and go to work.
Arcanus
Arcanus

https://Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=16043

Back to top Go down

Post  tianz Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:54 pm

My opinion:
*Since we are working with eAthena-based Renewal System and not the one that kRO Uses there are clearly visible discrepancies with the whole 3rd class System*

Shura/Sura:
Shura/Sura has crescent elbow, cursed circle, Gate of Hell, Raising Dragon, Gentle Touch Revitalize, Tiger Canon, Need I say more?
*In my testing on this class, it seems in our server Gate of Hell and Tiger Canon are both forced neutral. But ghostring is not enough to withstand the incredibly "HIGH" damage. however we must take into consideration that Suras need to prepare(Raising Dragon/Dangerous Soul Collect/ Critical Explosion, and others) before they can activate their skills, and they also have skill cool downs. In my experience you can survive Tiger Canon+GoH via Ghostring+Deviling however it would still leave an incredibly high damage on the first wave hoping that the caster did not have low hp. The technique in defeating a Shura is to have fast hands and pawn them before they pawn you Very Happy. Each Class has their own protection to fight other class try to find out which one goes best to counter Shura/Sura skills.

Rune Knights:
Rune Knights have Dragon Breath, Hundred Spear, Death Bound, and Runes.
Dragon Breath
- can miss on pneuma
- can lessen the damage by fire resist potion, volcano armor[1] or any fire armor.
Hundred Spear
- does only Okay damage
Death Bound
- only dangerous if you melee the RK
Runes
- assists in battles
=Overall, Rune Knights are strong yet all the resources to counter their abilities are achievable, it is up to you to practice your skills in handling your class to be able to withstand this class.

GX
GX has cloak exceed, poisons, Cross Impact, EDP
*Generally, GX seems highly overpowered if one is not alert in one's environment. If you move carefully, you make it harder for the Gx to battle you. Unless you get inflicted with Gx Poison or got yourself caught by the Gx, it would surely be hard to recover. Also, they rely on venom impress for high damage together with Enchant Poison. The thing is if you wear an Undead armor, you won't get hit by poison property and also be immune to being frozen. Also, their Cross Impact can miss if the enemy has high flee, thus not making Cross Impact so OP*

Genetic:
Genetic has hell's plant, demonic fire, acid bomb, etc*
*For this class, they do have some skills that might be threatening for some classes, but they are also easy to kill. They do not have much skills to protect them, and mostly have offensive skills that can't 1HKO*

Royal Guard:
*This class is tough although can also be vulnerable, I also think their damage is not too high, but their toughness makes up for it*

Ranger:
Rangers are very strong, but once you learn how to counter them they'll be easy to knock off but they have a lot of traps that might catch you off guard. This class is tricky and can pose threats if the enemy is ignorant.

Sorcerers:
Quite deadly if the Sorcerer is being used by a skilled person. They also have debuffs which can be useful like land protect, dispell, soul burn, etc~

Warlocks:
With the right equipment, this class is deadly. Warlocks is not only for freezing enemies but also great damage dealers, the challenge is to find the right equipment to counter their style.

Shadow Chasers:
Shadow Chasers can be a deadly class if you copied the right skills and knows how to use it well. It can use its masquerades to render the enemy's main assets, useless. The Shadow Chasers also has great paint skills that can surely annoy all its enemies and still packs a lot of surprises when its fully utilized.

Minstrel/Wanderer:
Although this class doesn't have a jaw-dropping skill, they carry a lot of skills that can annoy the enemies and also debuff them. they have Symphony of Lover, Poem of Netherworld, Lullaby, etc~ They might not kill you but they might just make you want to kill yourself.

Arch Bishops:
Generally useful for teams, Adoramus deals high damage yet not enough. Can be useful for debuffing and great for support, well that's their function. Can also be hard to take down.

Mechanics:
*This class is O.o. I haven't actually tested the skills yet so I don't know how they roll Smile)*

Conclusion:
Some of the classes may seem Over powered, well sometimes Over powered can actually be handled, you just need to bring out the best in each class to show other classes who's boss Very Happy

tianz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xtasy Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:43 am

The problem with your post is that you just say everyone is deadly. You don't say which ones are better on top of another, however. Mad

I realize that topping other classes requires the skill of a player, but assuming everyone were equal in skill, rank them. Very Happy

Xtasy

Back to top Go down

High Rate Third Jobs Tier List Empty Agreed

Post  Arcanus Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:58 am

Xtasy wrote:The problem with your post is that you just say everyone is deadly. You don't say which ones are better on top of another, however. Mad

I realize that topping other classes requires the skill of a player, but assuming everyone were equal in skill, rank them. Very Happy

I was JUST about to reply saying the exact same thing.
Arcanus
Arcanus

https://Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=16043

Back to top Go down

Post  tianz Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:57 am

If everyone were professionally skilled and got all the right items, it's actually balanced.

tianz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xtasy Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:03 am

I still think Mechanic is useless. :[

Xtasy

Back to top Go down

Post  Arcanus Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:36 am

Mechanics RAWK. +10 Weapons ftw? I think so Wink
Arcanus